Reasons to Use Hydrogen Peroxide for Laundry
Did You know you can use the bottle of hydrogen peroxide throughout the house and is not only limited to the first aid cabinet? Hydrogen peroxide can be used in the laundry room to clean the whites, remove stains, brighten the colors, and also disinfect your washer.
Hydrogen peroxided is an oxidizing agent and can be used as laundry bleach. It is safe to use for all washable and dye-stable fabrics. Hydrogen peroxide breaks into the water just like any other oxygen-based bleach and is comparatively more environment friendly than any other chlorine bleach.
Hydrogen peroxide is sold in dark containers because it is light sensitive and will lose cleaning ability after it is transferred to a clear container. You can use it for spot cleaning by adding a nozzle to the bottle.
Reasons to Use Hydrogen Peroxide for Laundry:-
Here are some of the reasons that will make you want to use hydrogen peroxide in the laundry room.
- Whitens The Whites- white clothes can become yellow and dull over time due to constant exposure to dye transfer, body soil and laundry detergent residue, and fabric softeners trapped in the fibers. Mostly commercial oxygen bleach is made using ingredients that break down easily into hydrogen peroxide added along with brightening additives.instead; you can use three percent of hydrogen peroxide. Add one cup hydrogen peroxide into the washer drum and then add water. Hydrogen peroxide can also be put into the automatic dispenser for bleach, which comes with the washer, and it will get dispersed into the wash cycle. Hydrogen peroxide works effectively for removing ugly yellow underarm stains from white clothes when used with water and baking soda.
- Remove stains- Hydrogen peroxide is effective in removing plant and protein-based stains, fruit and berry stains, blood, dye transfer stains, and vegetable stains. Before using all over, first, test it on the small area of colored cloth and check if the color fades or not. If you notice that the color is transferring on a swab, then avoid using it. Pour hydrogen peroxide in a small amount over the stained area and let it soak into the fabric. Keep it aside for 10 minutes and then wash the garment just like you usually would.
- Disinfect the washer- High-efficiency front load washers develop odors easily. Mold and mildew growth on fabric softener and the detergent residue is the cause behind this odor. When you have the clean the washer, add hydrogen peroxide about two cups in an empty washer drum and then run it on the hot water cycle. And you will notice that your washer will be super clean and smell so fresh. Repeat this method every month to avoid the stinky smell.
- Brighten The Clothes- colored clothes become dull over time, and you can brighten them again using hydrogen peroxide. Never pour hydrogen peroxide directly onto the colored fabric before testing it. Pour one cup hydrogen peroxide into the bleach dispenser, and it will be used during the washer cycle.
- Remove odor from towels and clothes- hydrogen peroxide is the best ingredient to clean those stinky tennis shoes and smelly towels. Mix one-half cup hydrogen peroxide with water in enough quantity, so you can submerge the item. Let the item soak in the mixture for 15-30 minutes. And then wash like usual.