Top Garage Home Gym Ideas – Home Fitness Place Designs
In the times when going out for exercise isn’t a good idea trying some garage home gym ideas can be the best bet.
Although when you search for garage gym ideas, the ideas available on the internet might put you off. Most of the ideas you will find on the internet are something that most of us can only imagine. Guys with a 3,000 square foot space and top of the line equipment with a huge budget are something you will find on the internet.
Worry not though, – in the article below, we bring you some of the best garage home gym ideas for which you will not need a huge space or a $100000 amount. The ideas which we have put together in the article will let you build an exercise room that anyone will admire.
Things To Know For Trying Home Gym Ideas
Before you try any garage gym ideas or go for any workout room ideas, you must consider some aspects. These are:
- Space: The availability of space for a gym is the first requirement. The amount of space available and space’s architectural designs will affect the home gym ideas you want for yourself. Thus select an idea that fits your available space.
- Budget: The budget is going to play a vital role in any small home gym ideas you want to try. Selecting the equipment as well as the design, along with the architectural requirements and space remodeling, will cost you. One other thing is that most of your gym equipment is going to be fixed. So choose the workout room ideas according to your budget as you don’t want to make your $5000 budget a $50000 budget.
- Users: Who is going to use the gym? Are kids going to use it? Well, this is the question you want to answer. The garage gym ideas you choose must be able to adapt and accumulate the other users. Although you are in charge.
- Equipment: Selection of the equipment also plays a vital role in any of the small home gym ideas. What you want a gym for; heavy workout? Regular workout? HIIT? Well, for a better approach to any home gym ideas, you need the answer to these questions. One other thing to know when buying the equipment is that get something which lets you progress. For example, if you can lift a kettlebell of 5kg, get 7 kg one. This is important as you are going to need something for progress.
- Manufacturers: The good thing about having your own exercise room is that you are not tied to a particular brand. This gives you the freedom to choose from various equipment and product manufacturers. So, choose a product that suits your budget and workout room ideas.
In short, before trying any of the garage home gym ideas, you must consider every variable. You must consider all the aspects like what’s your budget? How do you want to workout? Or train, how much space do you have? And more. Considering all the aspects before selecting a design and idea will make the gym creation a breeze.
Wall Design Ideas
The walls are going to play a vital role in your home gym ideas as whatever equipment you choose; the environment is also important. Thus how you paint or design the walls in your exercise room is going to make or break your ideas.
One of the best things you can do for wall painting is that go for some simplistic design. Once you choose the color for your gym walls, get a wallpaper that inspires you for your walls. Although you can directly go for wallpapers, the paint will give it a more eye-catching look.
The wall ideas will also play a role as they will help you stay motivated and focused. Your wall paint ideas, wallpapers, and design will transform your simple space into a gym that everyone will admire.
Lighting Ideas For Exercise room
You don’t want to exercise in a space where it’s dark. Do you? Well, then try some lighting ideas along with your garage home gym ideas.
The lighting plays a vital role in the workout as proper lighting helps elevate the mood and energy levels. This is also important as our body is wired to use the lighting around it as a signal. For example, dim lights signal your body that it’s time to rest or bed. So it becomes important to fight against the biology of the human body for being motivated in the workout.
Now the thought might come to your mind that you will leave the door open as its garage. Well, this idea of yours may work with your garage gym ideas in summers, but what about winters? The days in winter are short, and that means low lights.
One of the best things you can do is get some overhead bright lights. However, you would like to avoid the old fluorescent lights and opt for the LED lightings as they are better. The led lights will also help you mimic the sun and daylight, along with being cost-effective, durable, and flexible. You must also go for installing lights throughout all your space as this will help avoid any dark sports.
If you want something more and have the option go for some track aand recessed lighting. This will help you elevate your gym level by making it look like a legitimate exercise room. Such lights will also helo you to add some luxury feel to your small home gym ideas.
Temperature Control In Workout Room Ideas
Temperature plays a vital role in how our bodies react. Thus it is an important factor when you want to try garage home gym ideas. Depending on the area you live in, the gym can become very hot or freezing cold and so installing some temperature control measures is important.
If you have a small space and then go for small home gym ideas, then installing a portable temperature control is sufficient. One of the ideas for it is using a space heater.
Besides this, you can also go for the installation of insulation as it will help you maintain the idle temperatures. While installing the insulation, you also need to insulate the gym door. This is the part that most people ignore but is the main culprit in temperature controls.
Flooring in Home Gym Ideas
The flooring plays a role when you want to try garage home gym ideas for creating your own workout space. One of the best ideas for flooring you can try is a rubber layer. Rubber laters are best as they are easy on you as well as equipment. They also support heavy equipment.
One thing to know when trying the rubber mat flooring for your home gym ideas is the budget. Keep in mind the budget and choose accordingly. The rubber tiles are also easily installable and allow you to create custom workout areas. Thus it gives you the option to choose particular areas instead of the whole floor, making it a wallet-friendly thing.
Another option you can try is using rubber rolls. The rubber roles are most cost-effective in comparison to the rubber tiles. You can use the rubber rolls if you want to cover a large area. One negative thing about rubber rolls is that they can shaft and create space in between.
If you are on a tight budget, then try installing individual mats under each piece of equipment. This will let you create the gym floor without spending a fortune.
Getting The Equipment
The equipment you choose for your gym setup will play a role in your workout as well as setup. Therefore choosing the equipment which suits your home gym workout and space is important.
Something to know when choosing the equipment are:
Know Your Needs
Why do you want to try garage home gym ideas? Are you going to go for a treadmill run? Or are you going for HIIT? Or do you need it for other workouts like yoga or rope jumping?
The answer to these questions will decide the pieces of equipment you want for your home gym. However, there are some gym pieces of equipment which is best for any type of gym. These are:
- Multi-Role Gym Equipment: There are various multi-role pieces of gym equipment available in the market. Some of them include a wire row machine, a bench, a squat rack, and more. Such equipment will let you use them for various movements, like a squat rack can be used for chest, shoulder, and back workout.
- Weight: The use f weights is like a synonym to the gym. Isn’t it? Well, then getting the right weights become important. When you get the weight, like plates and dumbbells, get something that challenges you and helps you reach your fitness goal.
- Wall Shelves: Storage is an important factor when going for any garage home gym ideas. Thuss having a home gym storage is essential. One of the best things you can try for the home gym storage is the installation of wall shelves. The wall-bound shelves help in saving space while providing a palace to keep your weights and other things. You can also install dumbbell racks for your dumbbells.
- Technology: The beauty of owning a gym is that you can decide how you want it to be and what you want. Using various items like a surround sound system is something that can elevate the workout experience. So try installing a music system or v if you want something during a workout. Installation of tv will also be helpful as you can use it to watch workout tutorials.
- Other Things: Once you have all the above-mentioned things but want something more, try some exercise room ideas. For example, install a battle rope with your fixed equipment like a wire machine. This will let you experiment with the workout while not needing anything extra. You can also use the roof as you can install a chin-up bar or hanging bar in it. You can also go installing vertical ropes to try some climbing workouts.
Trying some garage home gym ideas can be one of the best things during pandemic times. Going out for a workout in regular gyms can be risky as, according to health experts, gyms are one of the most suitable places for spread.
Creating your own home gym is also an easy thing that you can do without spending a fortune. All you need is a small space like a garage and some gym equipment you can easily get.